Men's and Women's Mid-Week Bible Study
Starts Week of January 24th
This session we will be diving into another study from Precepts Ministry focused on Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount in Matthew, Chapters 5-7. You'll never look at the Beatitudes the same way again! Please contact Susan Bailey at 480.423.4896 or [email protected] with your questions.
Due to considerations arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve made some changes to the format of our mid-week Bible studies (for both Men and Women). Here are the details:
What will adult mid-week Bible study look like this Spring?
- We will be meeting in a small-group format (individual groups of 8-12 people). Groups will be able to meet in-person on DVBC’s campus, or online via ZOOM.
- For groups meeting on-campus, we will be meeting in the Adult Classrooms in our new building! This will enable us to host multiple groups at one time while still following safety/sanitation protocols.
When will Bible study groups meet?
- Groups will meet throughout the week at different times of day. Morning, afternoon, and evening time slots are available throughout the week to maximize flexibility and enable as many people as possible to participate. When you register, you’ll be invited to choose a time and day that works for you.
- For those who participated in our study of Ephesians last semester, you’ll be invited to continue meeting with your group from last semester, or you can choose a different day/time that works for you.
- If you're new to our mid-week studies, registration will give you options for a time and day that fits your schedule.
What will group meetings look like?
- Each group meeting will involve fellowship time, discussion on the week’s Scripture passage, teaching (pre-recorded by DVBC staff and leaders), and prayer for one another.
How much does it cost?
- Registration is $20, which will include your Precept In & Out materials.
When do we start?
- Bible study groups will begin meeting during the week of January 25th (various times and days throughout the week), and will meet for 11 weeks (last meetings will be held the week of April 12th).
I have questions. Who can I ask?
- Send us an email at [email protected] - we'd love to hear from you!
What do I need to do?
- Decide to jump in! Don’t miss this chance to study the Word, deepen your relationships, and make new friends. If you’ve participated previously, you know how good it is to study God’s Word together. If this is brand new to you – there’s never been a better time to start!
- Register now!
- Click below to register online...
- Or stop by and register in the lobby at DVBC on Sunday mornings, beginning on January 3rd!
Sunday Morning Electives - Spring 2021
Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage – Improve and strengthen your marriage…and have a great time doing it! Join us for a teaching series by Mark Gungor on how to better understand and appreciate your spouse. Class hosted by Greg and Kathy Moore.
Sundays at 10:45am | Feb. 7 – May 2.
Registration: $15 per couple
Biblical Prophecy: Answering Questions about the End Times - Join us for a video-based series featuring five different biblical prophecy experts, as they answer over 20 questions concerning biblical eschatology (the study of the ‘end times’). Topics include "World Events in Light of Bible Prophecy," "Signs of Jesus' Second Coming," and more! Class hosted by Don Koehler.
Sundays at 9am | Feb 7 – May 2
A Field Guide on False Teaching - How do you know if someone is telling the truth about God? And how should you respond if they are not? By surveying prominent theological errors, cults, and world religions, this class will help you feel equipped to defend your faith against the dangers of false teaching. It can also help you more effectively respond to your friends, family, and neighbors with the hope you have in Christ. Class taught by John Humphrey.
Sundays at 10:45am | Feb. 7 – May 2.
DivorceCare - Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce. Led by Doug and Shirley Goodman. Tuesdays, 6:30p-9:00p | Jan. 26 - Apr. 20. Registration: $20 (includes workbook).
GriefShare - A friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through life's most difficult experiences. Thursdays, 9:30a-11:30a (led by Carol Miller), and 6:30p-8:30p (led by Desert View Shepherd John O'Leary and Cindy O'Leary) | Jan. 14 - Apr. 8. Registration: $15 (includes workbook).
Join the Team!
Are you interested in becoming a Ministry Partner (member) at DVBC?
Are you new to the church and looking for more information?
Have you been attending DVBC for a while, but are still looking for a way to get connected?
If any of these describe you, then Join the Team is your next step in getting connected!
Join the Team is a 4-week class that will help you learn all about DVBC and what it means to take the next step in your church and in your faith. Classes run on a regular basis throughout the year; email Pastor Ben Rounds at [email protected] for info on the next class!