Men's and Women's Mid-Week Bible Study
Starts Week of September 14th
Join us this fall as we study through Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We'll be using Precept Ministry’s In & Out study called The Church: Rooted in Love, Walking in Power. It's an 11-week, inductive, verse-by-verse study of Ephesians that will help you “Know God deeply. Live differently.”
Due to considerations arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve made some changes to the format of our mid-week Bible studies (for both Men and Women). Here are the details:
What will adult mid-week Bible study look like this Fall?
- We will be meeting in a small-group format (individual groups of 8-12 people). Groups will be able to meet in-person on DVBC’s campus, or online via ZOOM.
- For groups meeting on-campus, we will be meeting in the Adult Classrooms in our new building! This will enable us to host multiple groups at one time while still following safety/sanitation protocols.
When will Bible study groups meet?
- Groups will meet throughout the week at different times of day. Morning, afternoon, and evening time slots are available throughout the week to maximize flexibility and enable as many people as possible to participate. When you register, you’ll be invited to choose a time and day that works for you.
- For those who participated in Women in the Word or Boys in the Book last semester, you’ll be invited to continue meeting with your group from last semester, or you can choose a different day/time that works for you.
- If you're new to our mid-week studies, registration will give you options for a time and day that fits your schedule.
What will group meetings look like?
- Each group meeting will involve fellowship time, discussion on the week’s Scripture passage, teaching (pre-recorded by DVBC staff and leaders), and prayer for one another.
- Bible study groups will include most of the same elements as in previous years, but delivered in small groups rather than large gatherings.
How much does it cost?
- Registration is $20, which will include your Precept In & Out materials.
When do we start?
- Bible study groups will begin meeting during the week of Sept. 14 (various times and days throughout the week), and will meet for 11 weeks (last meetings will be held the week of Nov. 30).
I have questions. Who can I ask?
- Send us an email at [email protected] - we'd love to hear from you!
What do I need to do?
- Decide to jump in! Don’t miss this chance to study the Word, deepen your relationships, and make new friends. If you’ve participated previously, you know how good it is to study God’s Word together. If this is brand new to you – there’s never been a better time to start!
- Register now!
- Click below to register online...
- Or stop by and register in the lobby at DVBC on Sunday mornings.
Sunday Morning Electives - Beginning Sept. 13
Financial Peace University
Learn biblically-based strategies to better manage your money; develop a plan to pay off debt, invest wisely, and save for the future as you journey toward financial freedom! Benefit from a solid, proven curriculum and from the wisdom and business/finance experience of your facilitator, DVBC’s own Mike Baker! Sundays at 10:45am | Sept 13 – Nov 8. Registration: $99 per individual/couple.
Biblical Prophecy: Answering Questions about the End Times
Join us for a video-based series featuring biblical prophecy expert David Jeremiah, as he answers 12 different questions concerning biblical eschatology (the study of the ‘end times’). This class will be hosted by Don Koehler (DVBC Ministry Partner), who has studied and taught classes on biblical prophecy for over 10 years. Sundays at 10:45am | Sept 13 – Dec 13. Registration: FREE.
Prepare-Enrich Marriage Class
Calling all married couples! Whether you’re newlywed or have been married for decades (or even if you’re engaged to be married), don’t miss this opportunity to invest in strengthening your marriage! Join Don Gudeman (certified Prepare-Enrich facilitator and founder of Community Christian Behavioral Health Services) as we cover topics like communication, finances, conflict, intimacy, and many more. Sundays at 10:45am | Sept 13 – Nov 15. Registration: $85 ($50 registration fee (includes materials; paid at time of registration) + $35 Prepare-Enrich assessment fee (paid online during assessment)).
Back to Basics: Fundamentals of the Christian Faith
Come along with DVBC’s own John Humphrey (retired Phoenix PD Lt. and experienced educator) as we walk through the Apostle’s Creed, one of the foundational texts of the Christian Faith. As we unpack this short but powerful statement of faith, we’ll uncover the building blocks of orthodox Christianity, to help you strengthen the foundation of your faith as you live it out in your daily life! Sundays at 10:45 | Sept 13 – Nov 15. Registration: $13 (includes materials)
DivorceCare - Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce. Led by Doug and Shirley Goodman. Tuesdays, 6:30p-8:30p | Sept. 8 - Dec. 8. Registration: $20 (includes workbook).
GriefShare - A friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through life's most difficult experiences. Thursdays, 9:30a-11:30a (led by Carol Miller), and 6:30p-8:30p (led by Desert View Shepherd John O'Leary and Cindy O'Leary) | Sept. 10 - Dec. 3. Registration: $15 (includes workbook).
Join the Team!
Are you interested in becoming a Ministry Partner (member) at DVBC?
Are you new to the church and looking for more information?
Have you been attending DVBC for a while, but are still looking for a way to get connected?
If any of these describe you, then Join the Team is your next step in getting connected!
Join the Team is a 4-week class that will help you learn all about DVBC and what it means to take the next step in your church and in your faith. Classes run on a regular basis throughout the year; email Pastor Ben Rounds at [email protected] for info on the next class!