It hurts to lose someone. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Find help at GriefShare. More info can be found on their website, griefshare.org.
TUESDAY EVENINGS, 6:30-8:30am, Sept. 12 - Dec. 5 (led by John & Cindy O'Leary).
THURSDAY MORNINGS, 9:30-11:30am, Sept. 14 - Dec. 7 (led by Carol Miller and Jan Leigh).
Registration: $20 (includes workbook).
Special Session: Surviving the Holidays, Sunday, Nov. 12, 12:30-2:30pm.
Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. Learn more at divorcecare.org.
Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pm, $20 (includes workbook). Led by Michael Thoms, the next 13 week session runs Sept. 19 - Dec. 12. You can join at any time.
Watch for Signup coming soon.
Hope for Hurting Parents
When our children decide to engage in severe and painful choices, parents and siblings are hurt as well. Hope for Hurting Parents is a faith-based and facilitator-led support group for members of Desert View Bible Church and the surrounding community. This group exists to encourage, comfort, guide and support you as parents of a prodigal teen or adult child in a safe and confidential setting.
Schedule: Starting September 7, 2023, meetings are the 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 6:30-8pm in Building C-208.
Contact: John & Cindy O'Leary @ email@example.com
Our Home Touch ministry is for someone who is no longer able to attend our church services or other activities. It is for people who would like to have someone visit them 2-3 times a month in their home. Contact Mike Bohlmann at 480.423.4888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide meals to people in the DV body who are experiencing health issues or grief and need some extra care. If you would like to love on the DV body by volunteering as part of our Compassionate Care Team, please click on the link and you will be contacted.
Mending the Soul
Desert View Bible Church is pleased to offer a small group course for abuse survivors to begin their healing journey. Two trained facilitators will lead and walk alongside participants through the faith-grounded and research-based Mending the Soul textbook and workbook. Participants will experience freedom, encouragement, and community in the safety of this small and confidential setting.
Groups start twice a year and meet up to 14 weeks.
Contact email@example.com with your questions.
Download the application:
More than Conquerors
This new ministry will be starting up 9/11, Monday nights, 7pm-8:30pm, Room 208 in building C. For those men who desire a holy and pure walk in a world filled with temptation. This group is designed to help those facing addiction to pornography with a strong emphasis on scripture, discussion, teaching, and prayer. Our first 5 weeks will feature ‘The Conquer Series’, overcoming pornography. Easy parking and entrance from the rear lot, Northwest corner of patio.
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moment to Moment
Our mission is to reach out to widows, helping them live moment to moment with the God of all comfort by providing opportunities to nourish their bodies, souls and minds.
Widows’ Connection meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 1:30-3:00PM in room 205 of Building C at Desert View Bible Church.
Other activities according to interests are scheduled throughout the month including:
- Winner’s Circle/games: Bunco,
- Mexican Train Dominoes
- Couch Potatoes/ movies and potluck
- Lunch Bunch/various restaurants
- Outreach Opportunities
- A Walk on the Wild Side/easy and intermediate hikes
- It’s a Mystery Dinners
- Day Trips
For additional information, contact Cindy O’Leary at email@example.com.
"Helping those who are unable to help themselves, and serving our community."
Helping Hands seeks to serve others by providing repair, cleanup, and other services to those in need. Projects might include, but aren't limited to, improvements such as landscaping, painting, carpentry, electrical, general clean up, and much more in the North Phoenix area.
For immediate emergencies dial 911.
Child And Elderly Abuse
- Child Abuse Hotline: 888.767.2445
- Adult Protective Services: 877.SOS.ADULT (877.767.2385)
Suicide And Personal Crises
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 602.254.HELP (602.254.4357)
- EMPACT/Suicide Crisis Hotline: 480.784.1500
- National Hopeline Network: 800.SUICIDE
- Maricopa County-Wide Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 602.222.9444 or 800.631.1314
- Maricopa County Sheriff: 602.876.1011
- Phoenix Police Department Crime Stop: 602.262.6151
- Glendale Police Department: 623.930.3000
- Scottsdale Police Department: 480.312.5000
- Paradise Valley Police Department: 480.948.7410
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24 hours): 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233) or 800.787.3224 (TTY)
- Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 602.279.2900 or 800.782.6400.
- Victim advocates and support contacts. www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/azdv.shtml
- Arizona Sexual Assault Network: 602.258.1195
- Victim advocates and support contacts www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/azdv.shtml
Loss of Child
- Umbrella Ministries, 623.512.1824 www.umbrellaministries.com
Recovery Hot Lines
- Alcoholics Anonymous (24 hours): 602.264.1341
- Cocaine Anonymous (24 hours): 800.620.3984 or 602.279.3838
- Narcotics Anonymous (24 hours): 480.897.4636
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Recovery.org @ recovery.org/browse/phoenix-az
- ProjectKnow @ projectknow.com/find/phoenix-az
Other Recovery Contacts
- Celebrate Recovery: 949.609.8334
- Arizona Office of Problem Gambling Helpline: 800.NEXT.STEP (800.639.8783)
- Gamblers Anonymous: 602.266.9784
- Al-Anon/Alateen: 888.4ALANON (888.425.2666)
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous: 800.977.HEAL
- Focus on the Family: 800.A.FAMILY (800.232.6459); Counseling Department Direct Line, 719.531.3400
- Community Information and Referral: 211 or 800.352.3792 (a United Way Agency)
- National Runaway Hotline (if you have run away or are considering running away): 800.RUNAWAY
- Covenant House Teen Hotline: 800.999.9999
- Abuse Information: www.mendingthesoul.org
- Elder Resource and Referral Line: 800.686.1431