It hurts to lose someone. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Find help at GriefShare. More info can be found on their website, griefshare.org.
TUESDAY EVENINGS, 6:30-8:30pm (led by John & Cindy O'Leary) | Sept. 14 - Dec. 14
THURSDAY MORNINGS, 9:30-11:30am (led by Carol Miller & Jan Leigh) | Sept. 23 - Dec. 16.
Special Session: Holiday GriefShare - Tues. November 23, 6:30 - 8:30pm
Registration: $15 (includes workbook).
Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. Learn more at divorcecare.org.
Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pm, $20. New class Sept. 14 - Dec. 14. Sign up HERE.
Our Home Touch ministry is for someone who is no longer able to attend our church services or other activities. It is for people who would like to have someone visit them 2-3 times a week in their home. Contact Mike Bohlmann at 480.423.4888 or [email protected].
Mending the Soul
Desert View Bible Church is pleased to offer a small group course for abuse survivors to begin their healing journey. Two trained facilitators will lead and walk alongside participants through the faith-grounded and research-based Mending the Soul textbook and workbook. Participants will experience freedom, encouragement, and community in the safety of this small and confidential setting.
Groups start twice a year and meet up to 14 weeks.
Download the application:
Contact [email protected] with your questions.
We know the struggles and the needs you are facing. We are here to support and encourage you. Fostering Hope was designed to bring awareness of foster care and adoption needs, and to encourage and support DVBC families that are called by God to foster or adopt children. For meeting times and more information please email [email protected].
Local children are in crisis and there is a way for each of us to help. CarePortal brings the needs of hurting children and families in our community to our attention. Child welfare workers uncover the needs. CarePortal connects our church to their needs, giving us a real-time opportunity to respond. For more information please send an email to [email protected].
For immediate emergencies dial 911.
Child And Elderly Abuse
- Child Abuse Hotline: 888.767.2445
- Adult Protective Services: 877.SOS.ADULT (877.767.2385)
Suicide And Personal Crises
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 602.254.HELP (602.254.4357)
- EMPACT/Suicide Crisis Hotline: 480.784.1500
- National Hopeline Network: 800.SUICIDE
- Maricopa County-Wide Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 602.222.9444 or 800.631.1314
- Maricopa County Sheriff: 602.876.1011
- Phoenix Police Department Crime Stop: 602.262.6151
- Glendale Police Department: 623.930.3000
- Scottsdale Police Department: 480.312.5000
- Paradise Valley Police Department: 480.948.7410
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24 hours): 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233) or 800.787.3224 (TTY)
- Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 602.279.2900 or 800.782.6400.
- Victim advocates and support contacts. www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/azdv.shtml
- Arizona Sexual Assault Network: 602.258.1195
- Victim advocates and support contacts www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/azdv.shtml
Loss of Child
- Umbrella Ministries, 623.512.1824 www.umbrellaministries.com
Recovery Hot Lines
- Alcoholics Anonymous (24 hours): 602.264.1341
- Cocaine Anonymous (24 hours): 800.620.3984 or 602.279.3838
- Narcotics Anonymous (24 hours): 480.897.4636
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Recovery.org @ recovery.org/browse/phoenix-az
- ProjectKnow @ projectknow.com/find/phoenix-az
Other Recovery Contacts
- Celebrate Recovery: 949.609.8334
- Arizona Office of Problem Gambling Helpline: 800.NEXT.STEP (800.639.8783)
- Gamblers Anonymous: 602.266.9784
- Al-Anon/Alateen: 888.4ALANON (888.425.2666)
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous: 800.977.HEAL
- Focus on the Family: 800.A.FAMILY (800.232.6459); Counseling Department Direct Line, 719.531.3400
- Community Information and Referral: 211 or 800.352.3792 (a United Way Agency)
- National Runaway Hotline (if you have run away or are considering running away): 800.RUNAWAY
- Covenant House Teen Hotline: 800.999.9999
- Abuse Information: www.mendingthesoul.org
- Elder Resource and Referral Line: 800.686.1431