It hurts to lose someone. GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Find help at GriefShare. Please contact John O’Leary for more information. More info can be found on their website, griefshare.org
New 13 week class meets Thursdays, Jan. 17 - Apr. 11, 6:30-8:30pm. $15 Workbook Fee
Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. Please contact Doug & Shirley Goodman or learn more at divorcecare.org
14 weeks, Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pm, $15. New class starts Jan. 22.
DC4K (DivorceCare for Kids)
Help your children heal from the pain of divorce.
Are your children angry, hurt, and confused about your separation or divorce? A DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K) group is a safe, fun place where your children can learn skills that will help them heal. DC4K groups blend, games, music, stories, videos and discussion to help kids process the divorce and move forward. Groups meet weekly and are designed for children ages 5-12. Please contact Erin & Paige Layman for more information or go to dc4k.org.
Watch the calendar for the next session.
Our Home Touch ministry is for someone who is no longer able to attend our church services or other activities. It is for people who would like to have someone visit them 2-3 times a week in their home. Contact Krista at 480.423.4888 or [email protected].
Men Coaching Men
This ministry by men for men has the purpose of helping men become devoted followers of Christ Jesus as His disciples. For the past twenty years, our key focus has been to "Connect" men in order to "Coach-Up" men so that they will "Contribute" as Christ's representatives at home, in the marketplace, in the local church, and the world at large.
There are currently over twenty men attending MCM at DVBC. We meet Thursdays, 6:30-8:30pm in room 23. Contact George Hase at [email protected] for more information.
We know the struggles and the needs you are facing. We are here to support and encourage you as Fostering Hope was designed to bring awareness of foster care and adoption needs, and to encourage and support DVBC families that are called by God to foster or adopt children. For meeting times and more information please email [email protected].
Local children are in crisis and there is a way for each of us to help. CarePortal brings the needs of hurting children and families in our community to our attention. Child welfare workers uncover the needs. CarePortal connects our church to their needs, giving us a real-time opportunity to respond. For more information please send an email to [email protected].
For immediate emergencies dial 911.
Child And Elderly Abuse
- Child Abuse Hotline: 888.767.2445
- Adult Protective Services: 877.SOS.ADULT (877.767.2385)
Suicide And Personal Crises
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 602.254.HELP (602.254.4357)
- EMPACT/Suicide Crisis Hotline: 480.784.1500
- National Hopeline Network: 800.SUICIDE
- Maricopa County-Wide Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 602.222.9444 or 800.631.1314
- Maricopa County Sheriff: 602.876.1011
- Phoenix Police Department Crime Stop: 602.262.6151
- Glendale Police Department: 623.930.3000
- Scottsdale Police Department: 480.312.5000
- Paradise Valley Police Department: 480.948.7410
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24 hours): 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233) or 800.787.3224 (TTY)
- Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 602.279.2900 or 800.782.6400.
- Victim advocates and support contacts. www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/azdv.shtml
- Arizona Sexual Assault Network: 602.258.1195
- Victim advocates and support contacts www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/azdv.shtml
Loss of Child
- Umbrella Ministries, 623.512.1824 www.umbrellaministries.com
Recovery Hot Lines
- Alcoholics Anonymous (24 hours): 602.264.1341
- Cocaine Anonymous (24 hours): 800.620.3984 or 602.279.3838
- Narcotics Anonymous (24 hours): 480.897.4636
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Recovery.org @ recovery.org/browse/phoenix-az
- ProjectKnow @ projectknow.com/find/phoenix-az
Other Recovery Contacts
- Celebrate Recovery: 949.609.8334
- Arizona Office of Problem Gambling Helpline: 800.NEXT.STEP (800.639.8783)
- Gamblers Anonymous: 602.266.9784
- Al-Anon/Alateen: 888.4ALANON (888.425.2666)
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous: 800.977.HEAL
- Focus on the Family: 800.A.FAMILY (800.232.6459); Counseling Department Direct Line, 719.531.3400
- Community Information and Referral: 211 or 800.352.3792 (a United Way Agency)
- National Runaway Hotline (if you have run away or are considering running away): 800.RUNAWAY
- Covenant House Teen Hotline: 800.999.9999
- Abuse Information: www.mendingthesoul.org
- Elder Resource and Referral Line: 800.686.1431